Schools have to submit their application to an out of classroom visit to the Western Cape Department of Education (WCED) 8 weeks before the excursion.
Iziko Museum’s enriching and enabling education programmes include art, natural history, and social history education and Planetarium edu-tainment, aimed at diverse school groups and audiences. The programmes endeavour to develop the full potential of learners. They include lessons, workshops, teacher enrichment programmes, educational projects aimed at adding value to classroom practice, special needs activities and educational resources.
Phone or email the Education Booking Assistant, Ms Wardah Harris on Tel: 021 481 3823 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide the following information:
- Name of school
- Contact person
- Contact number
- Grade of learners
- Number of learners and accompanying adults
- Language preferred
- Preferred date
- Preferred time slot (choose from 9h00, 10h15, 11h30 or 12h45)
- Preferred show
- Once your booking is secured, you will receive a letter of confirmation. Please check that all details are correct. Payment information will be included.
- Make your payment and send proof of payment to the booking officer.
- On the day of your visit, please bring a copy of the confirmation letter with you along with your proof of payment.
Booking the Mobile Museum
The Iziko Mobile Museum is an educational outreach project designed to take educational museum resources to rural and urban communities that are unable to visit the Iziko Museums. Iziko Museum’s Mobile Museum Outreach programmes are free of charge, but have to be booked in advance.
Visits are free of charge, but have to be booked in advance
For enquiries please contact:
Name: Sthembele Harmans (Community Outreach Specialist)
Tel: 021 4813812
A detailed letter of confirmation will then be sent to you.