Iziko Museums of South Africa (Iziko) operates 11 national museums, each with its own history and character. The name Iziko, an isiXhosa word, meaning ‘hearth’, embodies the spirit of a transformed institution and our vision as African museums of excellence. The three ‘flames’ in our hearth logo represent the three collections brought together in our museums; Social History (ochre); Art (red); and Natural History (green).
For any enquiries contact 021 481 3800
IZIKO MUSEUMS PROVIDES FREE ENTRY ON THE FOLLOWING DAYS
21 March – Human Rights Day, 27 April – Freedom Day, 25 May – Africa Day, 24 September – Heritage Day and Heritage Week, 16 June – Youth Day, 9 August – Women’s Day, International Children’s Day (first Saturday in November), 1 December – World Aids Day & Emancipation Day
*Excludes Castle of Good Hope, Iziko Planetarium & Digital Dome and Groot Constantia
- Free access to children aged 5 and under*
- Free entrance for all on Iziko’s commerative days*
- SA pensioners and students enter free on Fridays, upon provision of a valid student card* (Excludes Planetarium and Castle of Good Hope)
- ICOM and SAMA members enter free on provision of valid cards * (Excludes Planetarium, Groot Constantia and Castle of Good Hope)
- Half-price holiday discounts for children and accompanying adults during SA government school holidays.
- A single-entry ‘family ticket’ for 2 adults and 2 children
- Educators accompanying school groups enter free of charge
- School visits: Unbooked school groups cost R8,00 per learner. Booked school groups cost R5,00 per learner. *excludes Planetarium
- School bookings must be made via the Iziko Education and Public Programmes Booking office by contacting Ms Faith Songelwa on 021 481 3823 or email@example.com.
Planetarium and Digital Dome Guidelines:
- Half price ONLY on International Museum Day and Heritage Day
- Planetarium entry includes access to Iziko South African Museum
- Unbooked school groups are not permitted
- Educators enter free of charge
- Access to the Planetarium is not included in the Free Friday for students and pensioners.
- Visitor Route Ticket includes museum visit, Cloete Cellar wine tasting and the existing wine tasting centre). Cost R95 (only persons 18 and over as it includes wines tasting)
- The museum is only free on Heritage Day.
Castle of Good Hope Guidelines:
- Pricing is set by the Castle Control Board
- Free access only on International Museum Day and Heritage Day
- For bookings contact 021 787 1249 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the Admission fee document