Iziko Museums of South Africa are African museums of excellence that empower and inspire all people to celebrate and respect our diverse heritage. Iziko is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to developing a diverse workforce.
Iziko Museums of South Africa (Iziko), a group of 11 national museums and a social history centre, invites candidates who have already completed a degree or diploma at NQF level 5, but have not yet gathered the necessary practical experience to enable them to obtain employment, to apply for a twelve-month workplace experience programme. Candidates must have a qualification in one of the following fields:
- Social History;
- Natural History;
- Finance; or
- Human Resources
- Office Management
Candidates must have a working knowledge of their field of choice and will be measured against the following competencies:
- demonstrate a working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel;
- communicate effectively, both verbal and in writing;
- ability to learn new skills within a reasonable time;
- display a sound work ethic;
- ability to work without supervision, as well as in a team;
- display sound knowledge of the museums, particularly Iziko museums.
Successful candidates will be given guidance to perform their duties and be paid a stipend of R3 000 per month. Successful candidates will be required to enter into a Learner Agreement.
Applications must include the following:
- cover letter clearly indicating field of choice;
- Curriculum Vitae of no more than four pages;
- original certified copy of identity document;
- original certified copy of degree or diploma at NQF level 5; and
- medical proof of disability, if disability is claimed.
Applications must be posted to Ms Thandi Mkonjiswa, PO Box 61, Cape Town 8000 or delivered to Human Resources Department at the Iziko SA National Gallery Annexe, St John’s Road, Cape Town by no later than 12h00 on Friday 5 August 2016. Applications that are faxed or e-mailed will not be considered. Short-listed applicants will be invited to an interview. Iziko will not communicate with applicants that have not been shortlisted. You are welcome to contact Ms Mkonjiswa at (021) 4813982 should you have any queries.