Bertram House

About the venue

Bertram House

Bertram House is a late Georgian town house situated at the top of Government Avenue. Archival records date back to 1794 when Andreas Momsen, dairyman of the Dutch East India Company (VOC), was granted the site. It is generally agreed that John Barker, owner of the property from 1839 to 1854, built the house and that he named it after his wife, Ann Bertram Findlay. It was extensively restored in 1983 and opened as a museum in 1984.

This stylish town house is a delightful venue for book launches and music concerts. Being in the house will take your guests back to the Georgian period, giving them an evening to remember. The recently built Bertram House Annexe offers conference facilities for smaller groups.

 

 

 

 

Capacity and configuration

Room Theatre Classroom Reception Banquet Boardroom Dimentions Height
Bertram House Annexe 60 40 60 40 30 18m2 3,5m

Address

Corner of Government Avenue and Orange Street

Booking details

Email: venuehire@iziko.org.za

Please note the following

No marquees are allowed at any of the Iziko venues
Conditions apply
Tariffs on request
Only email applications will be considered