Whatz on @IZIKO
For all new, upcoming and current exhibitions, planetarium shows, education and public programmes and events, and Friends activities currently on at Iziko Museums of South Africa, please see the Iziko website and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for up-to-the-minute details.
- All adults and accompanying children enjoy *HALF-PRICE ENTRY at all Iziko museums during the local school holidays (*excl. Castle of Good Hope, Groot Constantia and Planetarium).
- All visitors enjoy *FREE ENTRY at all Iziko museums this Human Rights Day, 21 March 2018(*excl. the Planetarium and Digital Dome, Castle of Good Hope and Groot Constantia, and museums closed for renovation and repair)
- Enough is Enough!This exhibition aims to create awareness of the escalation and seriousness of gender-based and sexual violence against women – and the girl child in particular. Opened at the ISL in December 2017.
- El Anatsui – Meyinamarks the first solo exhibition of El Anatsui – one of the most influential contemporary artists – in South Africa. The exhibition will showcase the artist’s recent large-scale sculptural installations, which read like intricate tapestries. Opens at the ISANG on 17 February 2018.
- Standard Bank Young Artist 2017, Beth Diane Armstrong, in perpetuum This sculptural exhibition centred on contrasting variations of density and looseness closes at the ISANG on 28 January 2018.
- FootprintsSee the world through the lens of Andrew Tshabangu. This exhibition of black-and-white photographic works spanning almost 25 years closes at the ISANG on 28 February 2018.
Friends of the Iziko South African Museum
- Wednesday, 28 February 2018 David Wolfepresents a lecture, ‘The 2000-year-old computer, the Antikythera Mechanism’ Time: 18:00 Venue: ISAM Cost: Members Free; non-members R30