National Treasury Central Supplier Database Registration
The Minister of Finance announced in the 2015 Budget Speech, the establishment of a Central Supplier Database as a way of simplifying the process of doing business with government.
The Central Supplier Database (CSD) will be a source of supplier information for all organs of state. The CSD will reduce the exchange of compliance documents, eliminate multiple registrations with different organs of state, and ultimately reduce the cost for both business and government by enabling electronic registration and verification processes.
As an existing service provider on the Iziko Museums of South Africa’s supplier database you are required to self-register on the CSD website www.csd.gov.za before 1 April 2016.
The following information will be required on the CSD:
- Supplier identification information, e.g. supplier type, identification number, supplier name, trading name and country of origin;
- Supplier contact information, e.g. preferred contact name, preferred communication method, email address, cell phone number, telephone number, etc.;
- Supplier address information, e.g. country, province, municipality, city, suburb, ward and postal code;
- Bank account information;
- Supplier tax information, e.g. valid tax number;
- Ownership information, e.g. name and identification number of directors, members, etc.;
- Association to any other suppliers, e.g. branch, consortium member, etc.;
- Commodities the supplier can supply per location.
Kindly note that a valid email address, identity number and cell phone number are mandatory in order to register on the CSD.
Suppliers are required to submit the following information to Iziko Museums of South Africa (Iziko) after completing the CSD self-registration:
- Iziko Vendor/Supplier Number
- Company Legal Name
- CSD Supplier Number
- CSD Supplier Registration Security code
The above information should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
From 1 April 2016 Iziko will not be allowed to do business with suppliers that are not registered on the CSD.
Iziko Supply Chain Management Unit