Heritage Day Walkabouts
Join Iziko curators for guided tours of the museums, and exhibition walkabouts:
- Objects in the Tide of Time at the Iziko South African National Gallery, 11:00-11:30
- Oliver Reginald Tambo: The modest revolutionary, Iziko Slave Lodge, 11:15-12:00
- Guided walkabout of the Iziko South African Museum, 11:15- 12:00
- The isishweshwe story: material women?, Iziko Slave Lodge, 12:30-13:00
- Opening Plato’s Cave: The Legacy of Kevin Atkinson, Iziko South African National Gallery, 14:30-15:30
- Footsteps to Freedom historical city walking tour of Cape Town. Meet at the Taj Cape Town reception, from 10h20-12h30. Repeated daily 24–28 Sept.
- Walk the Groot Constantia Vineyards. The planting, harvesting, production and bottling of wine will be explained. The walk will be followed by a wine tasting. Book with Karen Woodcock: email@example.com or Tel. 021 794 5128 ext. 208 by 23 September. Cost: R50 per person.
- Walkabout: Artist Cathy Abraham gives a tour through her fascinating exhibition, Undying Entaglement. Booking: Tel. 021 465 1546 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Repeated on 29 Sept. South African Jewish Museum, 88 Hatfield Street, Gardens
Back to What's on calendar